Sunday, February 20, 2022

Post Game day hangover

 


So yesterday was game day for the Metal Head Armory Group at Gamers Guild AZ.....I was able to get 2 1000 pt games in and went 1-1-0. 

First game as against GrimWeiss and his Army of the Reknown Vangaurd list vs my Raptors.....and well after losing my Captain in the First turn to mass amount of mortal wounds...the only model on both sides with an invulnerable save too and Invictor getting blasted the game went sideways quickly for me. My Phobos Librarian was the star of my army mainly cause he was able to gack so many models with smite then charge up his Spectral Blade. Reivers are no joke in the Vanguard list. I lost this game at the end, I had my Librarian with 2 wds remaining.....He hurt himself with a smite. I see the major problem of the Vanguard List is when we bump points up how will it deal with the Gladiator Lancer and everything else  others will add for the next 500 pts.

Second Game was against Unkle Sterben and his Bad Moon Orks.....toughness 5 ugh. I barely squeaked out a victory agaisnt him. Brotherhood Librarian Warlord deepstrikes in cast Vortex of Doom, on squad removing 4 models, wound warboss, and flyer. Next turn he is a puddle of goo from max damage Custom Mega blasters....12 freaking wounds off of 2 hits. I was able to Smite the Flyer off the Table from the terminators eventually. The Work Horse of the Game was Purgation Squad with 4 Psilencers 24 shots at 30" (Tide of Convergence) nasty really nasty if the unit does not move and gets astral aim off, which in 5 turns they moved twice and get the power off twice...

So 2 games in the book and well I had a lot of fun Playing my Grey Knights. More than I have had play Raptors or Adepta Sororitas. It maybe because it was a fully painted army.  But a tweak or 2 and I have my Crusade list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment