Thursday, February 3, 2022

Nemesis............................

 



So with my group beginning to dive into Crusade, and I am probably gonna play my Grey Knights. In Crusade My Warlord can possibly have a Nemesis if I am playing a Chaos Marine or Chaos Daemon Player ie FREE MODEL for Chaos players. Its one of those models that I should build and paint for my collection for Crusade games. Options are as follows:

  • Master Of Possession
  • Herald of Tzeentch
  • Herald Of Nurgle
  • Herald of Slannesh
  • Herald of Khorne
  • Daemon Prince
  • Great Unclean One
  • Bloodthirster
  • Keeper of Secrets 
  • Lord Of Change

Of the 10 options I feel the Master of Possession and all 4 Heralds are a joke. The 4 Greater Daemons......yeah not giving opponent a free Greater Daemon..

So Daemon Prince it is. And when it comes to the Dark Gods....I am all about that Slaanesh but not wanting to fight against. Never been a big fan of Tzeentch or Nurgle....So Khorne it is. The Idea of my Grey Knight Warlord fighting a Winged Khorne Daemon Prince is going to be awesome. 

Years ago I bought the plastic Daemon Prince from GW. 






And well he has been sitting around unbuilt for years. I am still not a fan of this model. While looking up conversion ideas, I stumbled upon this image for a Daemon Prince On Blood of Kittens back in 2018 deemed the Skullreaver Khorne Daemon Prince. 



"This conversion is based on the Ogroid Thurmaturge model from the Disciples of Tzeentch AOS army. The wings come from the Varghiest/ Crypt Horror kit, which is so fantastic for conversions. The axe and belt buckle are from the Bloothirster, his ponytail and Khorne tabbard (not visible) are from the Bloodsecrator AOS kit and the shoulder pads are from the Helbrute.

The basing is the Ophidian Gate terrain and some Miliput."

Size comparison


not much size difference but once properly based and given wings he will be bigger.

So pricing him out:

Generic GW Daemon Prince - $45

vs

Ogroid Thurmaturge- $42
Crypt Horrors-  $50
Bloodthirster- $140
Bloodsecrator (on ebay) $23

So Crypt Horrors I guess I can use as Spawn....or Lesser daemons. The parts out of the Bloodthirster kit are variant pieces so I'll have a Bloodthirster....so Ok its doable.  I will have to source out the shoulder pads from Pop goes the Monkey....but I'm gonna try to give him skulls from the Citadel Skull box as shoulder pads first.

Basing would be my standard urban rubble terrain, with destroyed building and destroyed MkV Dreadnought.....good thing I have spare plastic dreadnought pieces. 


No comments:

Post a Comment