Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Wild Wednesday Post


So a few weeks back I ordered 2 cans of Leadbelcher spray from GW and box of Citadel Skulls since I had to have a non paint item in the box....weird but it is what it is. 


Soon my Grey Knights will be Silver instead of Grey

Skulls for the bases of Models....I'm not a Khorne worshipper




Good News is I should have it tomorrow. Which will make 4 cans I should be able to spray my Grey Knights.

    

On the Drukhari Front-

Reinforcements have been ordered......

Lelith Hesperax in Finecast


Succubs 2 


Transport and I need a Dark Lance



 

I needed 3 more bikes as 3 is too small of a squad




and cause I am weak....


  • Lelith will be my fill in until the new one is released. I'm hoping to magnetize her arm to switch between her penetrating blade and Impaler. 
  • Succubus #2 will get a blast pistol instead of agonizer.
So thinking about the painting process for my Drukhari, I wanted them closer to the Raptors, with the smooth transitions in paint color Airbrush will be used, especially with the Turbo Dork Emerald Midnight paint as the main color....which I bought another 2 pots of.... and this

for Poisoned Weapons and maybe Grey Knight Nemesis weapons



So off I went to some of my favorite online paint retailers: Michigan Toy Solider Co. and Burbank House of Hobbies

Michigan Toy Solider has the Andrea Paint sets I like to use, so I purchased the next batch of sets I wanted




I already use the white and black and also have their Flesh and ink set. 

Burbank House of Hobbies is the cheaper location to order Vallejo paint. And with airbrushing I love spraying the Vallejo over Games Workshop or Tamiya paint. (It's the dropper bottles). Also I needed to restock some supplies for airbrushing. 





No that I've grown accustomed to using Lahmian Medium, its time to switch to a better medium, plus $7.80 for 24ml vs $10.80 for 60ml, 


But that's not all.....

I was looking around on Reddit in the Drukhari section and really liked some of the designs people are doing on their Vehicles. So I went over to Fallout Hobbies and checked out their line of stencils. 

Between the decals  and stencils it could get expensive but they were offering an amazing bundle deal I jumped on. For $30 plus shipping I received 3 Stencils and decal sheet. Pretty much my decals were free. 








So the air brush plan is:
  1. Airbrush using Vallejo Surface Primer Gloss black
  2.  Zenithal highlight with Vallejo Surface Primer Grey 
  3. Zenithal highlight with Vallejo Surface Primer White.
  4.  Spray the models with Future  Floor Wax to ensure they are gloss coated. 
  5. Spray Andrea Red base for tribal design areas on Vehicles.
  6. Apply Tribal Stencils
  7. Spray 2-3 coats of Turbo Dork Emerald Midnight.
  8. Apply mesh stencil to vehicles.
  9. Spray an additional 2-3 coats of Turbo Dork Emerald Midnight.
  10. Spray Andrea Gold base on Vehicle Grates. 





No comments:

Post a Comment