Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Topic Tuesday- Weekend update part 2 - Breaking the Rules of painting

 

    So yesterday I posted about my Thursday Progress. This post is about my painting progress for Friday and Saturday. Lets say I bite off more than I could chew but I did make progress. 

    After completing the Purgation squad, Female Inquisitor, and Stormtalon cockpit, I got a little adventurous and decided to paint my Servitors (8 models) and Terminators (10 models).....mistakes were made from the start, and this 1st of many made over the next 2 days. Mistake 1- Don't paint more than a 2 squads at a time.  So I break this rule with my Raptors cause I'm usually doing mass painting and have extra paint so I keep going until I'm done with each color. Yeah Raptors maybe the exception no way I can do this with Grey Knights consistenly. If I only painted the 8 Servitors I would have probably finished them Friday.

   So with the primary color being tan jump suits for the Servitors, I started with that. Knowing that weapon casings would be red, boots black, fleshtone with  a red wash near metallic parts and rst coverd in black, would not be an issue. So I knocked all 8 servitors out with Andrea White paint set, base color mixed with Vallejo Medium. I then decided to paint the parchment, books, skulls, and tabard on the terminators. While trying to get the paint out of the dropper, it blew the cap off. covering my pallet and self cutting mat in paint. Mistake 2- Don't squeeze eye dropper bottles to hard. And I just watched a video from Eons of Battle about this. I cleaned it up and was swearing under my breath. I took a break to allow for the paint to dry and went grocery shopping. 

    Upon returning I set upon painting my next color Black. I painted all the boots on servitors that would be black and then went to start the terminators. Mistake 3- paint dark colors before light colors. Yeah it was just my stormbolters on thet terminators no big deal. After the black dried, I started to paint the Mephiston Red sections. Once again Servitors no problem. Terminators.....Problem. Wax Seals, Icons, Inquistion logos yup Mistake # 3 for sure. 

    I around lunch time I noticed my medium base brush was shot. I was in need of Brass paint, Turbo Dork Pearly Gates to lighten the Emerald Nightmare when I get to airbrush again. So I called my FLGS Imperial Outpost to makesure they carried Turbo Dork and they did. So off I went. Picked up my brass paint, 2 things of turbo dork Pearly Gates, medium base brush, White Dwarf 461 and Vallejo Black and white paint set. 

    Upon returning home, I called it day for modeling and started cooking dinner. 

    Saturday saw a little more painting done, Flesh color was added, I built another 2 models and painted the inside of my StormTalon Cockpit and added liquid mask to the exterior. I mainly sat around and watched tv and cooked Corned Beef and Cabbage for dinner.

Paint in progress

Servitors

Stormraven canopy ready for paint



No comments:

Post a Comment