Sunday, September 5, 2021

Maniac Monday #44

 

UGH! So my plan for this weekend was this:

  • Thursday- Build models, run to the bank, and go to the gym in the evening.
  • Friday- Do Laundry, Go to Gym work on models, see parents, may be go to hobby shop, and make dinner
  • Saturday- Build Models, Go Grocery shopping, take a nap and work overnight shift.
  • Sunday- Take a nap after work, Farmer's Market, Lunch with mom and Sister, and relax for my work week. 
Yeah... nope! I was off Thursday and got all that accomplished and well some of Friday accomplished before getting called in for work. I thought about taking Monday off since it is a holiday, but unfortunately I wont be able too and I will have 24 hrs in before my week is actually supposed to start. 





Thursday

So I rolled out of bed Thursday about the time the GF was leaving for work. I looked at the sprues I had on my desk from last weekend when I built Crowe, 9 Inceptors, and the Incinerator Purgation Squad. The 5 PAGk on the sprue were ear marked for a psycannon Purgation Squad. I eat something and began building. Next thing I know they are built.


I then pulled out the next 10 man box and started looking for extra parts. I eventually found enough parts to build 11 Purifiers with 2 being Knights of the Flame so I can run 2 squads fo 5 or 1 of 10. Only problem is I ran out of the good Psychic Hoods back pieces. I built and cleaned the legs then added tabards similar to my Paladins on to them and Crowe also. Once that was attached I began building the rest of the models. Because I was building this squad as Purifiers, I left the heads and Chapter shoulder pad off so I can spray them with contrast primer.



So with these 16 models built I am down to 1 sealed 5 man box of PAGK left to build but they are for Kill Team.



11 Purifers, Crowe, 10 Interceptors, and 10 Purgation Marines read for priming. 

I then stated on the task I have been dreading.....


Removing the leftover bits in to the bins....These are just Strike Marines. My GK Termiantors have their own bin. I started pulling bits for my GK Kill Team.

Friday

I began trying to decide on what to start building this monring. It was between Sister of Battle Kill Team or  Grey Knight Kill Team, or Paladin squad 3 and Terminator squad 3. 10 Battle Sister Models vs 5 Grey Knight Strike marines Vs 10 Termiantors. Strike Marines won out. So I look at what bits I had and did some basic assembly and coversion work. I left for the Gym and then went to the parents. While at my parents I grabbed my 2018 Exorcist Project bin, 5 man Deathwatch squad, Heavy bolter Razorback turret, and some sprue. I was then told informed I had to work overnight. I went home and started working on the Grey Knight Warrior (Brother Beta for know) for Kill Team. 


He's almost ready for greenstuff. Ideally I will do it when I have the other 4 squad members done. 

Saturday

Nothing done. Looked at finishing off my Drukhari Wych Cult and how much that would be...Damn I need more than I want to buy. I got Land Raider # 5 in which was supposed to be a Phobos but it's a Redeemer/ Crusader. ugh. Oh Well I can fix it up as all 3...I think. 

I started thinking on the poses for the other 3 members of the my Grey Knight Kill team. For the time being they will be named as:

  • Alpha- Justicar
  • Beta- Warrior #1
  • Gamma-  Warrior #2
  • Delta- Warrior #3
  • Epsilon- Gunner

Brother Beta is shown above with Justicar Alpha planned as walking towards something. Brother Gama I think I want impaling a daemon and casting his power to banish it.  Epsilon I think will have his flamer up, burned daemons on his base and stabbing a daemon with a knife. I think Delta needs to be firing too.

Sunday

I got off work took a nap hit the farmers market, grocery shopping, and too lunch with mom and GF. I found out I am off Monday as my co worker is going in and since it is a holiday. I am taking the day off to recharge.

I started working on Justicar Alpha and will have pics later. I am posting this early as I’m done for the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment