Saturday, September 4, 2021

Kill Team Saturday #2

 



Well I have my Kill Team books and accessories have arrived. Turns out the cards in the box are the same as the release. Eventually I'll want to replace the cardboard tokens with some better ones. I have not really sat down and read the Ocatrius book. The group is showing interesting playing so I am stuck between 2 the 2 Armies I play, Grey Knights or Ecclesiarchy. Grey Knights have 1 unit option, Strike Squads and Ecclesiarchy have 3 units, Arco-Fallagents, Repentia, and Battle Sister Squads. 

 Here are my thoughts for my Kill Teams:




Since I got my modelling area back I been trying to build my back log of models. I know I had some Strike Marines slated to be built as a 10 man Purifier squad, 5 man Inceptor squad and 5 man Purgation squad. While conducting inventory, last week I found I had enough parts to make 35 PAGK Models. I previously posted the 14 models I built last weekend. Plan is to finish building the Purifier squad and an another Purgation Squad and save the last 5 PAGK for Kill Team which is right for a Grey Knight Kill Team. 

So back in August/ September 2018 I had thoughts of building Exorcists as an army and a Kill Team. I did not get very far..... Some of the things I did on the Justicar was enlarging the marine at the thighs and and torso and changing out the storm bolter barrels.

2018 Exorcist Sgt


Sgt vs Primaris

Since this build will be for Kill Team  and I only need like 5 models, I am going to go crazy with this squad. I want each squad member to have a unique feel to them. To do this I'll have to them in awesome poses. I want to the model to portray the same effects as the art work in the Codexes portraying them as Heros.  I even found my old Armorcast Cinamatic Effects. I am thinking Leader with Halberd, Gunner with Incinerator or Psilencer, and 3 Warriors (1 sword, 1 Halbred 1 Falchions). 




After all these years Sisters are still my favorite army. I need to get back to work on painting and building my regular 40k Adepta Sororitas forces. I still have a few more purchases for the army but they are almost all in my inventory of unbuilt units. Knowing I have the models to field each of the Fire Teams listed for Ecclesiarchy Kill Teams, I set about thinking and looking what I had in my inventory. I found a sealed Battle Sister box.  I would have perfered fielding Celestians as an option but a Battle Sister Squad is almost as good.Standard Sisters with stormbolter or flamer and either heavy flamer or heavy bolter Imagifier and Superior.

Basing

So I am planning on basing the 2 Kill Teams different than my normal armies as these are for Kill Team. The group is discussing basign it as if on Octarius so arid desert world with junk.  What I think I'll do is somthing similar to my Reaver base shown here:





Cork to elevate, green stuff or Vallejo  Pumice to smooth it out, my standard basing, sand/ graver, plastic bits, rusted metal, and Tile Grout. 

No comments:

Post a Comment