Friday, July 9, 2021

8mm Models in bound

 



So I have been sitting on some Aeronautic Imperialis models since the inital relase......I love how the Thunderbolt looks plus the first campaign was Rynn's World, so I had that attachment to it.. I hate how the game play of Aeronautica Imperialis and most aircraft based games for that matter. For me it is a really cool way to get these Aircraft I love. 

Currently I have the Wings of Vengenace starter, Ground Assets, Imperial Navy Dice and cards. 

2 Thunderbolts is not enough. And well I dont have the Skies of Fire starter and dont really want it. The Taros campaign maybe....probably for the aircraft art work, plus all the GW releases for Imperial Navy and Astra Militarium. 

So I purchased: 

4 Thunderbolts (2 will be Fury Variants)



2 Marauders (bringing total to 4)



2 Marauder Destroyers 



4 Avenger Strike Fighters



6 Lightning Fighters



4 AM Valkyries



Taros book



More plastic for the  pile of Shame. 

Not sure what squadron or paint scheme I will be going with.




So a game want to play but is so expensive but it involves TITANs.....My Regular Opponent Entropmancer is in the same boat. I want it but so expensive. Well I took the dive and purchased the core rules with 2 knights, 2 Warhounds, 2 reavers and the rules.


I love Warhounds.....My favorite Titan so I bought another 2 plus the Loyalist Legio Book.


After we discussed my purchasing the starter and 2 warhounds and The loyalist legio book. Entropmancer is in. He even sent me a link to cheap Terrain out of the UK for Dropzone Commander




Then I purchased the Civitas Manfacturom Imperialis too




Thats a good start for us. Entropmancer and I began discussing the different Legios and which ones we would play. Entropmancer said he wanted to play Traitor Legio Kyrtos (God Breakers) due to their ties with IV Legion Iron Warriors from Great Crusade to Current times. I laughed causes I am leaning towards Legio Gryphonicus (War Griffons) With ties to the VII Legion Imperial Fists during the same time. The conversation eventually became the usual we want Epic 40k Battle for Tallarn...with tons of tanks, superheavy tanks, and titans. 

 After watching a few youtube videos I purchased some magnets from Magnet Baron, and Civitas Imperialis buildings to make ruins on bases and to swap weapons out. 

Then I ordered my Warlord Titan and some more stuff....Books I found used on ebay












As I was sitting around I started think how to make my Bases more unique.



So I missed out on epic and well it is still on the wish list just to have a Guard Tank Army.

The Pewter Epic stuff from GW is so expensive or hard to get since it has been out of print since 3rd edition 40k. I started looking on etsy to see what I could find

Seller Tap that Games had some intresting models....

Galactic Crusader aka Mk III Marines

Galactic Crusaders Heavy APC aka Mk IIb Land raider

 Galactic Crusader Company 

Galactic Crusaders Main Battle Tank aka Predators.

The 2 stands of 5 marines I got for knight and Warhound bases, Predators for Reavers, Land Raider for Warlord. 

The Company well I wanted an Imperial Fist army so now 1 have one.

and when Aeronauctic Imperialis gets its new box set My Imperial Fists will get their air support







No comments:

Post a Comment