Monday, June 8, 2020

I have returned......again part 2

So its been a crazy ride of late......sudden loss of my Best Friend and Paintball teammate in November, Loss of my GF dad, in January, loss of my GF 's best friend at work later in January, Covid 19, lockdown, Being an essential employee,  Riots, and Tiger King.....2020 is definitely a sucky year....

To help put stop to some of the personal craziness, my GF suggested I work on models as a stress reliever.

I took a look at the collection of models I had and decided to work on the army that would be the easiest to work on. My Grey Knights. Now I've been working on them on and off for a a while now but never was happy with them. The pile of primed and un primed plastic contained a custom Brotherhood champion, a techmarine, Mk IV Venerable Dreadnought, 3 strike squads, Purgation Squad, Ancient, 2 lascannon razorbacks and a Librarian. Grabbing my models, brushes, and paints off I went.


So I was just painting my small force for Kill Team initially but then I saw the changes in Psychic
Awakening: Ritual of the Damned and how they turned the Grey Knights into a fierce force plus the Inquisitor rules from White Dwarf. It was time to work on them more than just kill team.

I have since added to the army Brother Captain Conversion, 2 Dreadknight Chassis (one for my Grand Master) , a couple of Voldus models for the Grand Master on foot and in Dreadknight, dug up the other unbuilt pile of Grey Knight Terminators/ Paladins and Strike/ Inceptors/ Purgation/ Purifers I have along with a few vehicles and servitors. I decided on the 7th Brotherhood as they are the Inquisitorial Representatives

Along with participating in the Local Warhammer Store- #Finished Fridays and Bolter and Chainswords Lockdown challenge I was able to get a few models completed.......and 9th Edition was announced.....

The Crusade announcement actually made my gaming group excited for a new edition plus all the changes we are hearing coming out.  so I have my 500pt Crusade force almost painted:

HQ-

Brotherhood Champion Landry De Lauzon- acting warlord













Troops-

Picture Needed- Strike Squad Gaiwain De Monglane



Strike Squad Godfrey De Caux









Elites-


Venerable Dreadnought Draper









WIP- Techmarine Talus- No picture.


Hopefully this will be kept up to date better than in the past......




No comments:

Post a Comment