Friday, June 12, 2020

Black Templars vs Grey Knights


So my local Warhammer Store announced the Colours of War: Season 3 challenge and I’m not sure which army to go forward with?

First off- What is the Colours of War: Season 3

Painting Campaign Season Three!

The focus of this event will be painting Citadel models to a minimum Battle Ready standard. Hobbyists may however exceed the minimum requirement and strive to submit Parade Ready units. The campaign will last for a total of eight weeks and will be segmented into three separate rounds, each with a different goal.

***Further details***

:Levels Of Painting::

Battle Ready Defined:
If a model is Battle Ready, it means it’s ready to game with. Battle Ready models have their main areas coloured and a simple finish on their bases. Battle Ready isn’t a bar you have to pass to be allowed into our hobby. Rather, it’s an achievable and universally recognized standard that’s meant to say YES to your army, YES to accessibility and YES to more games with more painted models. Battle Ready is about making painting a celebration rather than a chore!

Parade Ready Defined:
Models that not only have their main areas coloured but also have additional details picked out. Perhaps you'll pick out the Pustular on your Putrid Blightkings, or the runes on your Saurus Astrolith Bearer. You could always add a few extra highlights or complete a custom base. Whatever you decide to do, its putting a little more work in to give your Citadel model that "je ne sais quoi!"

::Key Dates::

Round One: (July 1st - July 21st)
Hobbyists will need to select one Hero and ten Battleline models. These Citadel models will need to reach a Battle Ready standard by the end of the three week round.

Round Two: (July 22nd - August 4th)
Hobbyists will need to select one unit from the “Other” category. This unit of Citadel Model(s) will also need to reach a Battle Ready standard by the end of the two week round. However this year, in Round Two you may only use a Primer, Five Paints, and a Texture (if desired) to complete their unit!

Round Three: (August 5th - August 25th)
Finally, Hobbyists will choose something Big and Beautiful (Monster or Behemoth) from the Citadel range of models. This unit should be a Signature Eye Catching model and will need to reach a Battle Ready standard by the end of the final three week round.

Online Submissions:
At the end of each round hobbyist that participated in the campaign will be encouraged to post pictures of their submissions for judging. Each display of a Battle Ready force will need to be submitted by the final day in each round. Voting will take place virtually and awards will be given to the very best in each category.


So I was talking with my friend and asked should I do a Primaris Black Templars army for 9th using all my non Phobos stuff. He agrees I should but thinks I should add my reivers to the army but I like the idea of my raptors being Phobos or scout armor. 

Black Templars would be all Primaris and gain the repulsors I have and maybe a Repulsor Executioner that I want. 

So my initial Black Templar  army would be an hq (gravis captain) 2 intercessors troops, followed up with inceptors and the executioner or Redemptor Dreadnought (which I have).

For Grey Knights I’d do Brother Captain, 2 5 man Terminator squads, apothecary and nemesis dreadknight. Which I have all of these models too and the apothecary and captain are primed already.

Decisions....decisions 

Also during the discussion with my Friend we were talking about the crusade rules. I total missed the “Crusade uses Power Level” rule.....so my Grey Knight Crusade was short 14 PL  as I was building it at 500 pts. I was able to bring it up from a patrol to a Battalion by adding a 3rd 5 man strike squad (falchions and incinerator) for 7 power level and a 5 man Purgation (halberd and 4 psilencers) for another 7 power level. 50 power level on the dot, but instead of 1 model away I’m 11 models away but they are all primed.  Then it would be on time the other units I want to build...

I should just stay with my GKs for the Colour of War.




No comments:

Post a Comment