Friday, June 23, 2017

Next project or the Unveil

So I been around 40k for 20 years now and have had lots of armies and mostly imperial. In all my year of 40k, I  have learned a few things.


  1. I hate Xenos- Crimson Fists, Sisters of Battle, and Space Wolves over the years have made me really hate Xenos Armies especially ORKS
  2. I serve the Emperor- I have bought, built a few xenos armies (tau, eldar, nids) and sold them very quickly without playing them. I have played Chaos armies in the past but got bored (Black Legion and Emperors Children).
  3. I like 30k- yet to play but I love the look of the Emperor's Children during the their turn to traitor. This is why I have a 30k EC army that is being worked on.
  4. My favorite Army is Sisters of Battle- as old as the old sculpts are I still love them.
  5. I like niche armies- Deathwatch, Grey Knight Terminator, Sisters of Battle, my Raptors Scout army. They just look cooler
  6. 8th edition looks exciting. 
  7. Ultramarines still suck......


While I love the Viking look of the Space Wolves I played them for years and finally got burned out on them. During 3rd edition I built Black Templars and played them for a while then got bored of them too. During 4th and 5th I played Crimson Fists a lot. I still like my Crimson Fists but there was nothing holding me to them. 6th edition I played 3 games....2 of those were with my GKT army and 1 one with my crimson fists. All 3 were victories.  7th edition 0 games played but started working on my Raptors Scout army which I had back in 5th but sold. It wont be a solid army for bit but it is nearing completion  well everything is bought for it. 

8th Edition.......looking at the rules and the new primaris marines.....wow.


I am still working on my Hidden Hands of the Emperor Vows but I decided after seeing the Repulsor Tank that I wanted a some....

sadly the tank is only able to transport Primaris marines and we don't know if it is a dedicated transport yet. Then seeing this monstrosity


I knew I wanted a Primaris Marines. My issue is this. I do not see Kantor taking in Primaris into the ranks of the Crimson Fists. It does not fit his style or  his legacy. The Trials of the Bloody Hand is what makes the Crimson Fists who they are along with the events of their past. 

I am a Son of Dorn tho......Rogal Dorn is who should be leading the Imperium not Robot Girlyman. So do I change my idea of Kantor's acceptance of the Primaris marines?

Then I re watched the Lord Inquistor trailer and saw this....


My ultimate 40k Hobby Goal is  to have a massive Imperial Army lead by a Lord Inquistor and with multiple armies represented (Scions/ Inquistorial Storm Troopers, Mordian Iron Guard, Crimson Fists, Sisters, Grey Knights, Death Watch, Raptors, Support Staff, and Custodes). How Could I build this massive army and Not have the Defenders of Terra Present.......I couldn't. 


I am a Son of Dorn. 

Purchased so far

Captain

Ancient

2 Lieutenants

3 5 man Intercessor Squads

2 3 man Interceptor Squads

2 5 man Hell blaster squads

Squad Markings from Pop Goes the Monkey

Chapter Markings from Pop Goes the Monkey 

Brass Etch Imperial/ Crimson Fists from Forge World

Brass Etch Roman Numerals from Secret Weapons. 

The list sits at 1484 pts with everything list above. 



No comments:

Post a Comment