Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Inceptors WIP part 1

So last night I started working on the Dark Imperium Primaris Marines, starting with the Inceptor Jump Troops.

Less Assault Marine more Attack Helicopter


Landing Skiffs and twin heavy bolters yeah interesting models. The models honestly remind me of the Destro's Iron Grenadiers T.A.R.G.A.T. Action Figure from G.I. Joe
TRANS ATMOSPHERIC RAPID GLOBAL ASSAULT TROOPER

One of the first issues I ran into was the shoulder pad.....my Shapeways logo was to big to do what I wanted (shown below).

So I had to move the brass etch to the knee......which means bending flat brass to a to rounded surface....I think I spent more time looking for the 2nd etch then I did putting the 3 Inceptors together. 

So the squad is built into sub assemblies for painting: Head, back pack, lower exhaust thrusters, and body/ Legs/ Arms. They still need their Fist Shoulder pad logos and some more brass etch Fist Icons on them. 

I think I'll try to start on my Intercessors next

No comments:

Post a Comment