Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Update......5 months later

So updating time.....

So those of you that have seen this blog before know that I am a big Fan of Sisters of Battle/ Adepta Sororitas and the Crimson Fists Space Marine Chapter. Some other Chapters I am a fan of our Space Wolves, Emperor's Children (Traitor 30k/ Chaos 40k), Imperial Fists, and Raptors (Raven Guard Successors). While I have played a lot of various armies, built various armies, and sold lots of armies, I have only truly finished painting and basing one army and then sold it for an offer that I could not refuse at the time. So I'm  gonna break down the armies I have owned and actually played over the years.

Sons of Thor- 2nd edition. My first army during 2nd Ed...based on the scheme of Marvel's Thor with yellow boots....gah...that army was the 2nd edition starter. Sticking to the story none of those marines exist anymore.

Space Wolves- 2nd edition. One of my favorite chapters, always will be too. Vikings in space. Lots of battles fought with them over the years of 2nd to 4th editions. Sold to a Friend, strangely no desire to rebuild them........

Sisters of Battle/ Adepta Sororitas- 2nd edition. My Favorite Army by far. I think they are on their 6th different color scheme over the years.....but this time I am sticking to the Order of the Bloody Rose. Lots of models and heavier than they should be. Still my favorite Jes Goodwin sculpts. Still Own.

Dark Angels- 3rd edition (early) they had rules the Wolves did not. Had them for a while and were absorbed into another army. This probably led to my dislike of Dark Angels and being a Space Wolf fan didn't help.

Black Templars- 3rd edition (Mid). Look cool, lots of character and conversions (Former Dark Angels too)  in the army but after getting stomped by a friend, did not see a need for 2 melee armies for 40k at that time. Sold.

Emperor's Children-  3rd edition. Chaos.......Noise MARINES, Slaanesh Daemons, Lots of points small army. New editions killed them by taking away the cult marines....the new edition still sucks! destroyed while stored away or dissected for parts.

Crimson Fists- 3rd edition (late). They had molded shoulder pads, they hated orks, they had cool artwork, they had cool back stories. Still one of my favorite chapters only being beaten by Space Wolves. Over a Company Strong....not painted

Black Legion- 4th edition. Abaddon the Despoiler, Infantry, terminators, Dreadnoughts....that's all I fielded (well hq was not always Abaddon but). Spearhead tactic just walk them straight towards the objective firing bolters then switch to melee weapons once in range.....Brutal. After Abaddon ripped the sponson off  a Land Raider and took rail gun hits and kept going I lost interest......they were almost completely painted. Sold

Raptors Legion- 4th ed/ 5th edition. All Scout army....surprisingly brutal and fun to play. Only power armor was HQ. Version 1 was fully built, painted, based and sold....I missed them. So I started a Version 2.....built 1 1/2 models and went on to another project.

Grey Knights- 6th edition- Acquired them in trade....played 2 of my only 3 games of 6th edition with them. both wins....but my list was Draigo, Paladins (2 single man squads and 2 5 man squads of paladins) , and 1 squad of Grey knight terminators (5 man)  both armies had Daemons in them and one was all daemons...2-0. Still have them.....Going to do an all Terminator force with Nemesis Dreadknights eventually.

On the Bench

30k Imperial Fists-  Once what was going to be Word Bearers (never fully started them) is now going to be be my Pollux based Imperial Fist siege heavy army. In boxes at this time.

Raptors- version 3. Building this for a campaign I am running. All scouts with Dreads, predators, Land Speeder, and aircraft support. Campaign is starting at 1000 pts ending at 2500 pts.  I may continue this army to be the Full 10th company with various 1st company support......debating it still.
In progress

In the future possibly

Emperor's Children- 30k/40k Noise marine list based around Kakophoni....1 army both editions.....I can dream. Chances of this army actually getting built  below 50% 

Militarum Tempestus- 40k Inquistorial Stormtroopers.....I have Sisters, Grey Knights, why not....Chances of this army actually getting built 75-85%

Inquisitiors- Have a terminator armored Ordo Mallues Inquistor, Need an Ordo Xenos and Ordo Heretus Inquistors that are in scale.....Chances of this army actually getting built 75-85%

Death Watch- I want an ally contingent for my some of my armies. Idea is either loyal marines I have played, veterans of the Badab War or Chapters I like that I never played (White Panthers comes to mind). Chances of this army actually getting built 60%

After writing this I realized I have never played 40k as a xenos army but have built xenos armies sold them and faced them....but I do like Power Armor and with the few small ventures into chaos...

There is only the Emperor

No comments:

Post a Comment