Friday, July 15, 2016

Raptors 10th Company Part 2

So yesterday I mentioned what units I felt the 10th company would use. Today I am going to talk what units I plan on fielding and why:

HQs

10th Company Captain- Necessary option for the full 10th company. In the campaign I am runnng and playing in he will be my default HQ.

Librarian- After the the bump from 1000 pts to 1500 pts, he is added. I am fighting Eldar and Nids for sure. He will be needed.

Lias Issoden*- Chapter master for the Raptors. No Invulnerable save no Orbital bombardment....but makes up for it with his Custom bolter and special rules. He will eventually appear in my Raptors army. When I don't know.

10th Company Chaplain*- May be a good addition later down the line. But currently no plans for him besides to build and paint him.

Techmarine*- The amount of armor I am fielding I should invest in one.......but still one the fence.

Elites

Terminator Squads*- Infiltrating terminators thanks to Lias Issoden.....Yes PLEASE, but eventually, have to finish the 2500 pts first.

Terminator Assault Squads*- Raptors are shooting not melee based..so maybe a squad but very doubtful.

Sternguard Squad*- Yes but like the terminators after the the 2500 pts are done....

Vanguard Squad*- more feasible than the terminator assault squad but still doubtful...maybe a Ravenguard Allied detachment....

Dreadnoughts (all Styles)- I plan on fielding 3 stock dreadnoughts (2 with dual autocannons, and one assault cannon powerfist w/ hvy flamer)

Command Squad*- 4 veterans 1 apothecary, but after 2500 pts.

Troops

Scouts- it is the 10th company after all (plus Land Speeder storms)

Fast Attack

Land Speeders- Typhoons and tornadoes......fast lots of guns and great light mobile units to support my scouts

Stormhawks- Air Support and anti aircraft....fast mobile and aircraft hunters. Must have

Stormtalons- Same as Stormhawks but ability to strafe ground targets....with a bonus to hit ground targets.

Scout Bike Squads*- see scout entry

Heavy Support

Predators- Dakka versions (Autocannon hvy bolter sponsons) 3 of them in my list, adds much need range fire support to Scout company.

Relic Sicaran-  Should not be in with the 10th company but looks cool, great rules, and another great light armor hunting tank. Plus ignores jink saves bye bye  eldar grav vehicles.

Fire Raptor- Why not.....I want to kill hordes of infantry and having a big scary aircraft supporting 3 stormhawks, 2 stormtalons and mulitple land speeders. Plus the look on my opponents faces when it opens up will be classic.

Tarantula Sentry guns*- I have 3 hvy bolters and 3 lascannons sentry guns....Might finally build them for this army.

Lord of  War*

Undecided- But given the options I feel the Thunderhawk is the only viable one.


Stay tuned for part 3 next week which I will actually discuss what is in my list for a 1000 pts, w

*Units are not slated to be in the campaign  

No comments:

Post a Comment