Monday, November 8, 2021

Manic Monday # 52

 


Well another weekend has passed and well I did get some modeling done.....eventually.


Thursday- I was tired and pretty much slept and napped most of the day.  It has been a long few weeks and I need to catch up on rest. 

Friday- Feeling better I started working on my Repentia as they were close to being done, with just their basing I needed to finish. 


Which brings my Completed Order of the Valorous Heart models to Cannoness, Palatine, Imagifier, Hospitaller, and now 8 Repentia. Success!


I grabbed my next figures to paint: Celestian Squad and Repentia Superior, I have been working on.

I started off doing the first layer of white on the inner robes of the Celestian squad using Vallejo Deck Tan model Color


I then switched to working with other models to ensure the first layer dried.

I worked on the scrolls, Highlight flesh tones, and painted the wings on the Celestian squad cherub.
+

and then I started on some of the detail work on the Repentia Superior.



Saturday- Girlfriend and I had to go get groceries for the week but first I looked at the Preorders from Forgeworld and sure enough, Klovis the Redeemer and Malakev, Stig Shambler, and Sheen birds were on preorder. I smashed the preorder button and purchased all 3 to find out the sheen birds were almost as much as the Stig Shamber and Redeemer/ Malakev figures combined. (Edit I just looked on the FW website...Stig Shambler -says it is Temporarily out of stock- and Redeemer/ Malakev are listed as $47 each, Sheen Birds are $35. I paid $18 for each figure and $35 for sheen birds, plus had my FW Voucher from a few months ago still)






So we went a mini walmart near the Warhammer Goodyear store and I picked up my preorder Kill Team Chalnath box. My order actually did not ship to store yet so they will take my copy and hopefully my orders get shipped out soonish. Still waiting on my STC brushes, accessory holder and spray stick. 

While their I preordered Cawdor weapon set x2, purchased White Dwarf 468, and Issues #2 and #3 of the Sister of Battle comic book.

Once home I looked at the Chalnath sprues pulled Tau out and proceeded to look at instructions for the Sisters Novitiates. Ugh Stupid hats on superior that had to go.


 

And then I continued working on them the rest of the evening:


I built mine more inline with how I plan on using them in 40k than Kill Team.  Superior as a plasma pistol and power sword, 2 Novitiates have flamers, one got the Simulacrum Imperialis, I built othe remaining ones as: duelist set up (liked the pose), unsheathing sword, Running with autogun, and 3 got minor arm swap conversions (sword and throwing grenade, scoped autogun arms, and the hospitaller novitiate I gave the slung autogun to).



Sunday- I planned on painting but had the normal lunch date with my sister, my nieces, my mom and my girlfriend in the afternoon and I was tired of staring at the 50mm bases on my desk so I figured i start working on the Paragon Warsuits since I had the Superior built already. I got home from lunch and resumed build Warsuits, I had the heavy bolter clipped off the sprue and set that sprue with the Superiors sprue and noticed that the heavy bolter was still on the superior's sprue and the multi melta was not. Mistake avoided.  Thinking I was done for the night I snapped this photo of my completed builds for the weekend:



It turned out to be earlier then I expected....so I had a little time left so I built the 3rd and final Paragon War Suit. 



This time I gave this one a mace. 



No comments:

Post a Comment