Sunday, July 15, 2018

What to do.......what to do

Kantor is the Man!
Lately I keep looking at my huge unfinished pile of models. I purchased Imperial Fist Repulsor doors which no has forced the Primaris section into my Crimson Fists. But I keep looking at my Raptors and thinking "well I am going to strip them to repaint them, why not go full Crimson Fists, instead of Raptors."

This indecisiveness drives me nuts. The Ravenguard group on Bolter and Chainsword is awesome. And this is the 2nd incarnation of my Raptors Scout army. 

The Imperial Fist group on B&C is quite, and well I've been playing Crimson Fist since 3rd edition so I am a Son of Dorn at heart, (Second favorite Primarch after the Great Wolf, Russ).

If I go full Crimson Fists it wont be that bad. I already have almost a Fully built Company (Formerly 5th Company) of Marines (Previous editions some things will need to be updated) with Rhino, Razorbacks, elements of the 2nd Company (in various stages of building) led by Veteran Sgt Huron Grimm (now a Lieutenant) in Drop pods, my Primaris Section, Tons of different HQs, Including the Man himself, Plus possibly the Raptors scout section being transferred over. The army would be massive.

When I compare the 2 Armies Raptors vs Crimson Fists here are the pros and cons;

Raptors
Pro:

  • Strike From Shadows- Stratagem is just awesome and forces me to use command points.
  • Shadow Masters- Chapter Tactic is annoying at over 12" with that minus one on my infantry and Dreadnought.
  • Lias Issoden- scary gun (Malice 30" Assault 3 Str 5 AP -4 D3 Damage) and cool rules.
  • Can paint them Camo
Con:
  • Strike from Shadows- Only works on my HQs in my list
  • Shadow Masters- under 12" or ability to negative shooting modifiers sucks
  • Lias Issoden: Lack of Invulnerable save
  • No Relic, No Warlord Trait, No Chapter Specific rules and some people wont let you use Ravenguard tactics.
  • Little to no new fluff
Crimson Fists
Pro:

  • Pedro Kantor: Chapter Master, Relic bolter (Dorn's Arrow 24" Assault 4 -1 AP),  power fist, invulnerable save. 
  • Fist Of Vengeance: Damage 3 no hit modifier vs Damage D3 -1 to hit Powerfist
  • Lots of fluff

Con:

  • Chapter Tactic is ok- Ignore cover modifiers is good, siege masters not really Crimson Fists thing
  • Bolter Drill is ok- 6+ to hit and you get another shot from bolter class weapons.
  • Tenacious Survivor- Warlord trait is ok, it will be beneficial against non MSU armies. 
  • One paint scheme
One thing I have been looking at is using the Sweet GW  Primaris Birthday Captain with Plasma Pistol Power Fist as my go to Warlord Captain.

So lets look at his stats



So if I upgrade his Power Fist to the Fist of Vengeance Relic, he will hit on a 2+ (re rolling 1s for being a captain) at STR 8 but now cause a flat 3 Damage per hit. which could be 15 damage in against one target if I am lucky.

But that is before his warlord trait. It is a toss up between the following (no particular order):

Iron Resolve: +1 W on  a roll of 6 ignore a wound. That means 7 wounds and ignore wounds on a 6

Champion of Humanity: +1 to hit characters. 1+ to hit characters but a 1 always fails. Weakest of the 4 IMHO.

Imperium's Sword: Reroll failed Charge distance and +1 attack.  6 attacks for a possible damage of 18. 

Tenacious Opponent: (Crimson Fist Warlord Trait) 10 enemy Models within 6" of him he gets an additional D3 attacks. So now it 6 to 8 attacks for 18 to 24 damage, but I need 10 enemy models within 6" of him. 

And he would not be standing alone.....Enter the Librarian casting (hopefully):

Veil of Time: allowing to strike first even if I did not charge and getting to reroll failed charge or advance distances. I need to see if i can cast multiple powers on 1 model....

Might  of Heroes: +1 bonus to S, T, & A.  So now He is Str 9 with the Fist of Vengeance, hitting on 2s, with 7 Attacks (Imperium's sword) or 7 to 9 Attacks (Tenacious Opponent)  for 21 to 27 damage.

What if I added Chapter Master Pedro Kantor into his 6" bubble. Now he's hitting on 2+, re rolling failed to hits (which is still 1s), with 8 to 10 attacks at Strength 9 resulting in 24 to 30 damage from that one dude.

Pretty sure a one trick pony...or my friends will be like nope avoid that dude/ mob

No comments:

Post a Comment