Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Striking from Shadows

 Talking to the guys on Bolter and Chainsword and they made me realize something......why go to a sub par rule set and lose my Raptors, when I can take from my Crimson Fists and add to my Raptors.

At the end of the day I like the modeling aspect of 40k. The conversions the tricks and trades of modeling I have learned through out the years. The Raptors are not your standard wear bright colors marines. They believe in camo which allows me to paint the units differently to fit the War zone which in my case is Khymara. So some units will be standard green other responding units will be desert camo to signify their later arrival to the planet. I'm looking forward to restarting this project as I do love the Raptors. I have so many planned projects involved with them from more predator ideas, the horde of Land Speeders, tons of Scouts, some stunty marines in various flavors, and It is still a toss up for my Primaris.

I spent last night looking at my collection of what I would steal from my Crimson Fists. and I realized they are too blingy for Raptors. So time to build new models. I am looking for some cheap Tau parts and bits to add to my bases for them.


I think Lias MKII standing on parts of a dead crisis Suit would look cool. His Sternguard body guard would have other parts on it too, when I get around to build them too. I have plans for them too but I need lots of bits I currently don't have or have a desire to buy for them.


No comments:

Post a Comment