Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Adepta Sororitas and me (Part 1)

So I started playing 40k in 1997 with my DIY Space Marine chapter that would eventually become Space Wolves. While building them I would eventually end up purchasing the start of my favorite army.

 During 2nd edition the Sisters of Battle was smaller release than we see currently.  And the Warriors of Redemption box army was a great start. You received a Canoness, Banner Bearer, 8 Bolter Sisters, a Sister superior, a Melta Gun, Multi Melta, 3 Seraphim with twin bolt pistols, Seraphim with twin flamers, and a Seraphim Superior with power sword and a plasma pistol. As an added bonus you received a little shrine, decals, Banner Transfers and like most modern kits now a "datasheet" to play the army. There were also 3 other box sets (Regular Battle Sister Squad, Seraphim, and Immolator) and a few blisters (Priests, Confessors, Special Weapons, Heavy Weapons, Characters).

Some interesting facts about the 2nd edition Sisters of Battle Codex release.

-If allied with an Imperium army the Canoness had to take a command squad. If the Canoness was equipped with a Jump pack the command squad had to take them too.

- You only had two types of infantry squads: Seraphim and Battle Sister squads.

- Command Squads were Seraphim

- Only Vehicles were Rhino and Immolator.

- Battle Sister Squads started at 5 models (including Sister Superior) and you could add a special weapon and/ or heavy weapon model to max the squad at 7.  Seraphim and Command squad were 5 models.


I believe I paid under $100 for the Warriors of Redemption Box and $20 for the codex. Eventually I would add a blister, box set or a vehicle here or there. I played a few games with them in 2nd edition by themselves and allied with marines.....I don't think I every won a game.

Stay tuned for Part 2 (3rd edition)


No comments:

Post a Comment