Monday, July 6, 2020

Manic Monday #4

So my work schedule has me doing 40 hrs really quickly with 3 12 hr shifts Monday to Wednesday and a 4 hr filler shift early Thursday morning (1:45 am to 5:45am). So I normally go home nap Thursday morning then go out and buy groceries for the week and go visit my parents.  Well this past week I did not have to come in Thursday morning and got to my parents earlier. While there I  airbrushed my first wash for the Predator, Scout Bikes, and Land Speeders and I started looking at my unbuilt pile of shame I had stored there. I jokingly told a friend I probably have enought to make a 3 army of stuff after assigning the models to Raptors and Black Templars. I am pretty sure I could build an Imperial Fists army pretty easy with the amount of models unbuilt I have....Like why do I have 20 Hell Blasters or 12 Inceptors. But that has to wait unitl I finish the current project: Grey Knights and Raptors.


With 9e approaching quickly I have shifted from working on my Grey Knights to more of my Raptors. I really dont want to have to build that many terminators. I probably have almost 30 terminators for my Grey Knight unbuilt. Plus I thought painting individual heradly was bad....nope just tedious. I knew what the worst part of the hobby was but man did it suck. More on this later. Plus until we see the adjusted Power Levels and Points the Grey Knights are severly lacking compared to every other army. My 25 Power Level relates to 365 pts, Brotherhood Champion, 2 5 man strike squads and an apothecary terminator. But if you  compare it to my Raptors at 25 Power Level/ 506 points and 527 points respectively with the main core being phobos captain, infiltrator squad, and scout squad and either scout bike squad and Predator for the 527 pt list or having 3 suppressors , 3 eliminators, and Imperial Space Marine for 506 pts. Yeah Power Level  and Grey Knights are way off.

So with me having the extra time off, and my normal duties done I started back up working on my "Back to Badab" Kill Team. when I last left them I was not far off from completion. Just a few more highlights, bases and they were done. Missing Slings for the Sniper Rifle and Comms Sgt's bolter.








So then I started the project I've been dreading........DECALS.




After a few hours I was able to complete the Decaling task.....for now.

Light Industries Decals were used for some of the Raptor logos and Tactical markings. Chapter Customizer (Follow the Chapter Customizer link at the bottom of Fallout Hobbies'  page) for Smaller Raptor Logos and Comamnd Staff Decals. Ginfritter Gnomish Workshop for Company and Squad number markings. And Finally some GW decals were used for command and squad desgination markings. Micro sol and Micro set were a life saver. Decaling SUCKS.

After completing this task, I finished the hobby weekend by building the last 2 Suppressors completing the Vangaurd Section of Shadowspear and then built 5 incursors from a box I am Splitting with a friend.

And I ordered more decals but this time from the Mighty Brush. And since Objective counters are on 40mm  bases and I have no clue where my land Speeder bases are, I ordered more bases and stands for them.



No comments:

Post a Comment