Monday, April 16, 2018

It has begun.....

Deathwatch build has officially begun.....

Parts are consistently arriving from all the crap I ordered recently....but most importantly was the Shapeways order from Pop Goes the Monkey for more chapter Shoulder pads and my guns for the Jokaero. I still have a bunch of stuff coming in plus I ordered more Shoulder pads and bits today.

I finally started working on models this weekend. I set up Kill Team "Saber" into the parts bin to make it easier to work on them. I ran out of hobby time and was not able to pull the shoulder pads I just received into the bins yet. I did find a good substitute CCW weapon for the Flesh Tearer......Cataphracti Chain Axe and I decided he will get the bare head for the squad.


Next I started working on the Razorback "Long Sword" with the Forgeworld Twin Linked Lasscannons. I'm in love with the razorback conversions from FW and ended up building the twin linked Heavy Bolter Variant also. I think I think I will eventually buy the Multi Melta, Twin Linked Assault cannon, Lascannon/ Twin Plasma gun Variants for both Razorbacks just to have variety.  So I built it to point where it was just a mock up of how it would look, and actually it is all built now with doors glued in place. I did not glue the copulas, for razorblack plate in so i can switch to a rhino as needed.




Then I began mocking up the Jokaero (and today the 40k FAQ dropped so now I have to change my list since I can not take an Inquisitor in my detachment....yet).




I cut the square peg off  Storm Raven Gunner/ Servitor and added the back end of the HK tube as a spacer/ belt, the sensor is the sensor for the HK mounted to the front of the HK Launcher which will be the base mounted to the Epic scale Land Raider. Still lots of plasticard  work to do such as, fill the  bottom of the land raider to cover gap, fill in lascannon mount points build actuators for the base to body (like shown above on the Exorcist Loader servitor) and the gun arm. ordered some random Ad Mech parts for it to make it more Servitor like too. 

I began looking at my Priests and the stormbolters I ordered for them and I am not happy using the priests for them. Trying to get OOP Wargames Factory Shock Troopers for my acolytes.


I may have to cut and them at the ankles and lower them but they should work better. I'm gonna give them various Games Workshop heads (Fallegants, Glade Guard hooded, Cadian heads), Militarum Tempestus arms converted to hold the storm bolters, various 40k bits (pouches, holsters, icons) to make them more unique and to hide what they were or attempt too. 

While Joking around with a friend and as we both were searching ebay for stiff getting listed due to the FAQ killing Spam and soup lists I saw something and went "hmmmmm objective counters for my DW maybe....."

The little girl in the blue dress with the revolver

If I remove the pistol and use the variant non helmeted head, I have this creepy little girl that comes in a pack of 3....2 packs makes 6 objectives.....and then I hear this creepy little girls voice say...."You're all going to die down here."



Perfect for my Deathwatch Kill Teams to deal with from the Inquisitor they are attached to.








No comments:

Post a Comment