Sunday, July 22, 2018

New Kill Team side projects


Well 40k Kill Team pre-orders went live yesterday and of course I pre-ordered stuff.

First off the most important things:

Gotta have rules to play the game and the cover is just gorgeous.

Cards I may need them and wanted them....

Killzone Sector Mechanicus- Desert landscape refinery....Perfect for Khymara.


This was a complete impulse buy......but hey I figure I can put my 2014 Bolter & Chainsword patch on it. 

Proud member and supporter since 2007

Around the web if you search hard enough you can find links and some of the rules for Kill Team on line and hopefully you FLGS has a demo copy.

Originally When I  designed Raptors Kill "Team 7" it was on a whim of what models I wanted 
Clock Wise from top left: Dane, Slayton, Chang, Fairchild, Cash, Sgt Lynch, Cray



I figured the out Team 7 would cost me 117 pts using 40k point values. It was then announced it teams were 100 pts max.... with the info out my team now costs 97 pts which means Team 7 will be ready for paint and basing soon....once im off this crazy schedule. 

And if you wonder why they are called Team 7, They are based off the Wildstorm comic book of the same name. 

Veteran Sgt Lynch aka "Topkick" Slayton "Backlash", Fairchild "Slaphammer", Chang " Bulleteer", Dane "Arclight", Cray "Deathblow", and Cash "Deadeye" before he becomes Grifter. 

But you said side projects......

Well I always wanted a Grey Knight army but didn't want to paint them silver. I always wanted an Exorcist army but no chapter tactic kind of blows and I'm not a fan of pick one from the codex to use. It never fit their fluff. 



So with Kill Team I'm starting my Exorcist "count as Grey Knights" army.

Planned build is Mk IV Space Marines, Grey Knight strike squad arms and weapons on sector Mechanicus bases. 

Paint scheme will be using the Rub and Buff technique which I love on these Word Bearers. Since it will be a small unique army I will be using this tutorial to Truescale them. Decals will be supplied from the Chapter Customizer, Ginfritter Gnomish Workshop, and the Betrayal at Calth Word Bearers. I will be doing some other minor conversions, such as Psilencer will be converted out of a Heavy Bolter and Storm Bolters are going belt fed like Pedro Kantor gauntlet mounted Dorn's Arrow.  I ordered everything I need so far for the customization for the first 500 pts I have planned including armorcast's Cinematic effects bursts to have them firing. 

      







No comments:

Post a Comment