Thursday, May 17, 2018

Update time

Death watch ETL is still trucking along......not as fast as I would have hoped but any progress is good progress. Last Thursday I spent my after noon priming the models I vowed.....1 1/4 cans of  GW Chaos black and the new can shoot les models then the used can....stupid heat. My fault for trying to rush and not letting it cool off before priming resulting in 2 pieces not getting primed....Murphy's law strikes again.


So the primed pile of stuff

Back in Black

I will try to get the Watch Captain's back/ Cloak and Xenophase sword arm primed today......maybe. Work schedule and other hobbies are making it doubtful they will be primed this week....

So the painted stuff....

This is the WIP of the yet to be named Flesh Tearer Veteran armed with a Chain axe from a Cataphractii Terminator.....GO BIG or go Home.

So far he has received his first base coat, wash, and first layer paint (see below for paints used). Still a Long ways to go on him.






Next up we have Watch Captain Holoverus Pollis of the Crimson Fists. His head is about 90% done, some minor clean up and fixing his eyes and scars and I will probably call it good.

So I paint a lot of flesh mainly cause of my Sisters of Battle/ Adepta Sororitas then 10th Company Space Marine Scout armies I have had over the years.

For Marines I am doing the following method:

-Undercoat black (or grey or white)
-Bugman's glow base
-Reikland Fleshshade (recesses)
-Cadian Flesh
-Teeth, eyes, service studs ie details that are not flesh
-Kislev Flesh

For the Ravenguard (& Successors) I will dry brush Praxeti White to give them paler skin tone.

The reason I stop painting flesh and go into details is then I can fix the mistakes with less steps i have to redo.



Crimson Fist Update:

I'm sitting on right around 4,000 pts of Primaris Marines for my Crimson Fists plus the other Companies I already have for them.

There is 1 more toy I am eyeballing for my primaris but that will have to wait...

Still waiting to hear back from a shapeways designer about my tactical markings. But ordered my paint Vallejo game air Imperial blue to airbrush them all. Along with my 2 separate FW orders, Twin Assault cannon turrets x 3 for my Deathwatch and Imperial Fist Repulsor Doors x 3 and Crimson Fists Icons x2 or 3 for the Crimson Fist project. Plenty of stuff to work on. Hopefully during my staycation in mid June.

No comments:

Post a Comment