Thursday, December 14, 2017

Paint is here! Paint is Here

So a few weeks back I when I started flipping between continuing to build my Primaris as Imperial Fists, or make them Crimson Fists, or make them Raptors this image was stuck in my head.

I have played Crimson Fists for awhile now and I still really like their fluff and and Kantor but im not a fan of what GW has turned them into....blue Imperial Fists. So They were ruled out.

Imperial fists were not bad paint scheme took some time but not bad. Then I started reading their rules again. Boring.  But not enough to make me want to stop playing them in the Blue Version with red fists.

Raptors.....On of may favorite things is talking to the other Members at Bolter & Chainsword  in the Raven Guard & Successor section. We have a good group of  Friendly members in that section. Along with the Raptors Facebook group and seeing other peoples Primaris Raptors, the decison was made.

I'm still waiting on my decals to arrive from Chapter Customizer (Raptor Heads and Squad markings), along with some other bits I recently ordered.....more on that another day.

But more importantly my paints are here.....

One of the Raptors FB Group Members runs  The Mighty Brush Blog and some really amazing techniques and tutorials
Tell me that is not sexy!

I will be attempting to follow his Tutorial on Painting Raptors with one exception......the FW Castellan Bronze...yeah don't have that color and well its expensive to get from FW.  I still need to get some of the GW colors I don't have from his tutorial, but I did get all my Vallejo paints. 

I plan on finish building what I have left to build then do bulk painting, before breaking them down further. I need to check to see if I have enough white V decals too....if not I can do them by hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment